Blum have released a successor product for their tried and tested DYNAPLAN planning software: the Cabinet Configurator.
It allows users with Blum E-Services Portal access to plan entire cabinets in within a web browser, completely free of charge. Being a web-based platform, there's no programme to download or install and it's always up-to-date.
Using the Configurator interface it's now possible to configure any cabinet, complete with Blum fittings and fixtures, with the peace of mind that it is fully checked and verified by the system, with the ability to send your order directly to us here at HPP. The Configurator makes planning, design and ordering simple, as it will create bills of materials required, measurements of cabinet components, drilling requirements, everything needed to create a complete unit. Comprehensive planning results make manufacturing quick and simple.
Advantages for cabinet makers with and without CAD software:
- Use free online tool for 3D cabinet design - no need for installation, no manual updates required
- Plan and save cabinets including collision-checked fittings
- Design cabinets completely digitally and save valuable time
- Transfer projects to preferred CAD software for further planning and design
- Produce parts and cutting lists, production drawings, CAD/CAM and BXF* files - digital or analogue for printing with just a few clicks
- Use BXF* and EASYSTICK to transfer planning results to MINIPRESS
*The BXF file not only contains information about the fitting, but also manufacturing information for wooden parts, such as cutting dimensions and drilling positions.
BXF is compatible with an increasing number of partner software products and can be easily transferred to drilling and insertion machines with EASYSTICK.
Please note, the new Configurator currently can't be used for special applications such as Servo-Drive for pull-outs, angled hinges or corner units but the existing DYNAPLAN planning software can take care of those design considerations.
At A Glance...
Customised standard values
- Plan and design cabinets quickly and easily. Save frequently used cabinet dimensions as standard values.
- Design cabinets with one piece or two-part fronts of different materials: the Cabinet Configurator will automatically calculate the weight of the front.
- Plan fixed shelves and shelves, central panels and line drilling quickly and simply with Drag & Drop functionality in the Cabinet Configurator.
- Incorporate Blum fittings in all cabinets without error, then transfer the list of items required direct to HPP.
- The configurator provides CAD and CAM data, cutting lists, precise drilling positions, making ordering and manufacturing fast and easy.